The Smart Works Annual Report for 2022/23 is here 💙✨
Our latest report reflects on the year ending the 31 March 2023, which was a pivotal 12 months of growth and impact for the charity. This growth would not have been possible without the hard work and dedication of our staff, trustees, volunteers, partners, funders and supporters, who are driven by the considerable need in the client community we serve.
In the face of the combined impact of the pandemic and the cost-of-living crisis, the launch of our Three Year Plan could not have been more timely or important. Last year, Smart Works:
- Supported 6,489 women and delivered 8,498 appointments from 10 centres across the UK centres (39% year-on-year growth), reaching women who face significant barriers to employment.
- Helped 69% of our clients to secure employment within one month of their visit.
- Opened two new centres in South London (Croydon) and Glasgow, with a third centre in Manchester set to open in April 2023.
- Grew our Career Coaching service for unemployed women struggling to secure a job interview, delivering 1,841 appointments (a 50% year-on-year increase).
- Published the Smart Works Female Unemployment Index, taking the voices and experiences of our clients and bringing them to the attention of people with the means and authority to make a difference.
- Established strong foundations for sustainable growth, with successful fundraising activities including the continued support of long-term national partners such as Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, Bank of America and the Garfield Weston Foundation.
As we look to the future, we remain committed to our ambitious Three Year Plan to double our impact and support 10,000 women a year by March 2025. Together, we will reach more women and make a lasting difference for the lives of women and their families across the UK.
👉 If you want to learn more about our mission, impact and future plans, you can read the full Smart Works Annual Report here.