Make an Appointment
The service at Smart Works Newcastle is open to any women in Newcastle who has a confirmed job interview for a paid position or a year-long apprenticeship.
Appointments to Smart Works Newcastle are made by referral only. We work with many referral agencies, including Jobcentre Plus, work programme providers and charities. They refer women to us who need help with interview clothes and confidence-building in the run up to their interview.
Referring a woman to Smart Works is done over the phone and only takes a few minutes. We take care of the rest.
How to make a referral
To refer a client and make an appointment, please call our office preferably whilst you are with the client. We will ask you (the referrer) a few verification questions and information about the role. We will then request to speak to the client, if she is with you, to introduce ourselves and book a convenient appointment slot.
What to expect from an appointment at Smart Works
- We will email and text each client with our location and contact details, we will also call the day before to confirm her appointment
- The appointment will last no longer than 2 hours
- The client will receive one complete outfit to wear to her interview (free of charge and hers to keep – including shoes and accessories if needed) and an interview guide booklet
- The clothes are a mix of new items and gently worn quality pieces
- One-to-one interview coaching is provided as part of the appointment
- Please ask your client to call us if she is unable to make it
- We will also follow up with each client a month after the appointment to ask if she was successful at her job interview
- If she is successful in her job interview, or any other interview, she is able to come back to Smart Works for a Second Dressing appointment to receive for more items of clothing to help build her working wardrobe. This appointment does not need to be booked by you, the referrer, the client can call us directly