How to Make an Appointment
The service at Smart Works Edinburgh is open to any woman in the Edinburgh area who has a confirmed job interview for a paid position or a year-long apprenticeship.
Appointments to Smart Works Edinburgh are made by referral only. We work with many referral agencies, including Jobcentre Plus, work programme providers and charities. They refer women to us who need help with interview clothes and confidence-building in the run up to their interview.
“I had an amazing experience at Smart Works. It was actually quite emotional in an exciting way, an opportunity to look at things differently.”SMART WORKS CLIENT
How to make an appointment
- To refer a client and make an appointment, please call our office on 0131 516 7787. We will ask you a few verification questions and information about the role.
- We will then request to speak to the client to introduce ourselves and book a convenient appointment slot.
Any woman can be referred to Smart Works on the understanding that
she has a confirmed interview for a paid job or a year long apprenticeship
What to expect from an appointment at Smart Works
- We will call each client the day before to confirm her appointment and ensure she has received her appointment card
- The appointment will last no longer than 2 hours
- In the first half of the appointment, the client will receive one complete outfit to wear to her interview (free of charge and hers to keep – including shoes and accessories if needed)
- The clothes are a mix of new items and gently worn quality pieces
- In the second half of the appointment, the client receives one-to-one interview coaching and an interview booklet to take away
- Please ask your client to call us if she is unable to make it
We usually require at least a day’s notice to book an appointment but we can try to be as flexible as we can. Please do call us – we will always do what we can to take your booking.
Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9.30am – 5pm
How to become a Smart Works Edinburgh partner
Please contact Kasia Regula on 0131 5167787.
We also encourage all our referral partners to come and visit us to look around our offices and see the Smart Works service for themselves.