How to Make an Appointment
Any unemployed woman in the Birmingham area can come to Smart Works Birmingham on the condition she has a confirmed job interview for a paid position or a year-long apprenticeship.
“I really enjoyed the experience at Smart Works. I really believe it has made a difference in the chances of me gaining employment. The staff are patient, helpful and very friendly.”SMART WORKS CLIENT
Appointments to Smart Works Birmingham are made by referral only. We work with many referral agencies, including Jobcentre Plus, work programme providers and other charities supporting women back into work.
If you are an unemployed women who would like to come to Smart Works Birmingham, then please speak to your employment adviser or call us direct and we will try to help find you a referral partner.
How to refer a client to Smart Works Birmingham
Booking only takes a couple of minutes, simply provide us with a few details about your client and we’ll take care of the rest.
Step by step appointment guide:
- Call Smart Works Birmingham on 0121 477 5803 or email us whilst you are with the client and we do the rest.
- Smart Works Birmingham will ask you (the referrer) a few verification questions and information about your client and the role they are going for.
- If appropriate, we will then request to speak to the client to introduce ourselves and tell her about her appointment.
- We will email a confirmation to your client, you will be copied into this email, including directions and what to expect from the appointment
We usually require at least a day’s notice to book an appointment try to be as flexible as possible. Please do call us on 0121 477 5803 – we will always do what we can to take your booking
What to expect from an appointment at Smart Works
- We will send email confirmation and a text reminder to each client the day before to confirm her appointment with us
- The appointment will last no longer than 2 hours
- The client will receive one complete outfit to wear to her interview (free of charge and hers to keep – including shoes and accessories if needed) and an interview guide booklet
- The clothes are a mix of new items and gently worn quality pieces
- One-to-one interview coaching is provided as part of the appointment
- Please ask your client to call us if she is unable to make it
Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm
Client appointments take place on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays 10am – 3pm and Fridays 10am – 2pm.
0121 477 5803
How to become a Smart Works Birmingham referral partner
To become a referral partner, you need to call us and then complete a short form.
We also encourage all our referral partners to come and visit us to look around our offices and see the Smart Works service for themselves.