We always welcome donations of high-quality interview-appropriate clothes, shoes and accessories in excellent condition.
We are urgently in need of the following:
- Winter coats in all sizes
- Shoes in all sizes, especially flat shoes
- Any size 16 clothes especially dresses, tops and trousers
- Coloured suit jackets
If you are an individual with some spare high quality clothing or accessories to donate, please do get in touch. Please do contact us before bringing donations to our centre, as we may not be able to accept them but we can recommend other charities who may be able to benefit from the donation.
If you are a clothes, accessories, shoe or handbag retailer who would like to donate surplus stock to Smart Works, we would love to hear from you. At Smart Works, we are passionate advocates of the transformative and positive power of fashion and we are quietly proud to play a part in the corporate responsibility approach of many of our partners. Contact us to discuss further!
If you work for a large organisation, you might consider running a donation drive for Smart Works. As we receive a large volume of clothing donations, we also suggest other fundraising activities or corporate volunteering days as another way to support our centre and the service that we provide. See our Donate Money page for fundraising ideas or please contact us to discuss further.
We don't currently accept the following:
- Linen items
- Denim items
- Used makeup and toiletries
- Men’s or children’s clothes
For charities that accept the above items click on the following links:
- Lightly-used makeup at Give and Makeup
- Underwear at Smalls for All
- For all other clothing items Cirdic, The Cowshed and New Beginnings are just three local charities who would benefit greatly from your donations
- Please send any period product donations to The Red Box
Where do donations go?