We rely entirely on cash donations and grants to fund our work. We pride ourselves in being a low-cost, efficient organisation with a small staff team to ensure that every penny we receive a real difference in our community and delivers value to all who are involved – be they a volunteer, funder or client.
Donating money to Smart Works Newcastle helps to secure the long term future of our charity and enables us to continue to offer a high-quality service in a safe environment to hundreds of local women.
If you would like to help, you can contribute in a number of different ways:
A single donation will enable us to help more women immediately.
To make a donation now, visit our Just Giving Page or text ‘SMARTNCL 5’ to 70085 to donate £5. This costs £5 plus a std rate msg. Alternatively, you can opt to give any whole amount up to £20.
Alternatively, if you would like to make a donation by cheque, please make it payable to ‘Smart Works Newcastle’ and post this to MEA House, Ellison Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8XS.
- Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising a free donation for Smart Works Newcastle?
- There are nearly 3,000 retailers on board ready to make a donation, including Amazon, John Lewis, Aviva, thetrainline and Sainsbury’s – it doesn’t cost you a penny extra.
- It’s really simple, all you have to do is:
- Join. Head to easyfundraising and sign up for free – they even have a handy app.
- Shop. Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first, pick the retailer you want and start shopping.
- Raise. After you’ve checked out, that retailer will make a donation to your good cause for no extra cost whatsoever
- There are no catches or hidden charges and Smart Works Newcastle will be really grateful for your donations via easyfundraising.
Payroll Giving – Give as You Earn (GAYE)
Regularly donating a fixed sum of money from your salary is a simple way to give. It’s also the most tax effective because donations are deducted before you pay tax.
For example, if you are a 20% taxpayer and donate £15, only £12 comes out of your salary and the tax office pays the rest. Or if you are on a higher tax rate (45%), only £8.25 comes out of your salary and the tax office pays the rest.
Please contact your payroll office and ask if your company runs a Give As You Earn (GAYE) scheme and tell them that you would like to donate to Smart Works Newcastle.
The support we receive from our corporate partners is fundamental to the success of our charity, and the positive impact we can have on the lives of our clients. If you would like to make Smart Works Newcastle your company’s Charity of the Year, or make a one-off donation we would love to hear from you.
Donations can be made via the methods above or you can call us on 0191 255 1906 to discuss sponsorship opportunities.