How to Make an Appointment
The Smart Works service is delivered in North London (N1) and West London (W10) and is open to any unemployed woman who has a confirmed job interview.
Appointments are made by referral only. We work with many referral agencies, including Jobcentre Plus, work programme providers and charities. They refer women to us who need help with interview clothes and confidence-building in the run up to their interview.
Referring a woman to Smart Works is done over the phone and only takes a few minutes. We take care of the rest.
“The Smart Works service offers incredible support to our young people and we are proud to work in partnership with Smart Works”The Prince’s Trust
How to make a referral
To refer a client and make an appointment, please call our office preferably whilst you are with the client. We will ask you (the referrer) a few verification questions and information about the role. We will then request to speak to the client, if she is with you, to introduce ourselves and book a convenient appointment slot.
Booking only takes a couple of minutes, simply provide us with a few details about your client and we'll take care of the rest.
What to expect from an appointment at Smart Works
- We will email and text each client with our location and contact details, we will also call the day before to confirm her appointment
- The appointment will last no longer than 2 hours
- The client will receive one complete outfit to wear to her interview (free of charge and hers to keep – including shoes and accessories if needed) and an interview guide booklet
- The clothes are a mix of new items and gently worn quality pieces
- One-to-one interview coaching is provided as part of the appointment
- Please ask your client to call us if she is unable to make it
- We will also follow up with each client a month after the appointment to ask if she was successful at her job interview
- If she is successful in her job interview, or any other interview, she is able to come back to Smart Works for a Second Dressing appointment to receive for more items of clothing to help build her working wardrobe. This appointment does not need to be booked by you, the referrer, the client can call us directly
- At her Second Dressing appointment your client has the option to join the Smart Works Network
We usually require at least a day’s notice to book an appointment but we will be as flexible as we can. Please do call us – we will always do what we can to take your booking.
Our office hours are Monday to Thursday, 9.00am – 5pm and Friday 9am to 4.30pm.
We see clients every weekday in both our North and West London offices. We offer seven client appointments starting at 10am with our final appointment at 3pm.
On Saturdays we are open in our North London office to see clients for their Second Dressing appointment. We offer seven client appointments on Saturdays starting at 10am with our final appointment at 1pm.