We have already recruited over 30 volunteers who will play key roles in supporting us to transform the lives of clients. Our service is volunteer led and relies on those who dedicate their time regularly.
We believe that it can be as rewarding for the volunteers as it is for the clients to be involved in an organisation that is promoting self-belief, confidence and positive encouragement to women.
There are four main volunteer roles at Smart Works. The majority of these occur during our core service hours.
The volunteering roles at Smart Works are:
Admin volunteers help in the office by answering phones, greeting clients, inputting data, filing and helping with other office duties. You need excellent customer service skills and general office skills. The minimum commitment is one day per week.
Dressing volunteers help our clients find the right clothes for their interview. To be a good dressing volunteer you need an eye for style, great people skills and plenty of patience. The minimum commitment is one day per week.
Interview volunteers help clients prepare for their interview by focussing on their skills, their confidence and their presentation. You will need a background in HR, recruitment or senior management. The minimum commitment is one day per month.
Stockroom volunteers keep the whole system running smoothly by sorting, steaming and hanging our stock and making sure clothes are immaculately presented. You need to be highly organised and tidy, love clothes and have lots of energy. The minimum commitment is one day per week.
Become a Smart Works Supporter
If you can’t commit to a weekday or specific time, why not become a Smart Works Supporter? This will involve working on an ad-hoc basis across a wide variety of projects, such as:
- Helping with Smart Works events such as fashion sales, styling events, seasonal socials
- Providing support at events hosted by others (corporate/individual events)
- Organising or taking part in fundraising activities
- Attending appropriate networking events or careers events to talk about Smart Works Leeds
- Participating in bucket collections or bag packing at events and organisations
- Promoting and sharing information about SWL through personal social media and networks
Please contact us if you have an interest in our work and time to spare.