Smart Works Edinburgh is looking for a freelance fundraiser
Location: Home based with occasional work in Edinburgh
Duration: Approx. 2 days per month for 1 year
Pay: Please tell us your day rate in your application
Closing Date: 12th October 2020
Smart Works Edinburgh is seeking a freelance self-motivated fundraiser to develop, source and apply for income from trusts and foundations. We are a small charity who are looking to increase our fundraising capacity.
We are looking for someone who:
- Feels an affinity for the work Smart Works Edinburgh does and will be able to communicate persuasively about Smart Works’ mission.
- Has successful experience of securing income from Scotland-based trusts and foundations.
- Understands the Scottish trusts and foundations landscape.
- Has excellent communication and writing skills with attention to detail and is confident both on the phone and also writing funding applications.
- Has the ability to research and plan independently to ensure funding applications are submitted in accordance with funding deadlines.
- Can set up a comprehensive system of recording to ensure that all funding applications can be tracked and monitored.
The freelancer will work closely with our Board of Trustees and small staff team. We do not seek statutory or government funding, so an understanding of smaller family/private trusts would be an advantage.
Please apply via cover letter and CV, stating your day rate, to Smart Works Edinburgh manager Emma Jewson at [email protected].