We always welcome donations of high quality, ready to wear, interview-appropriate clothes which are in good condition.
“The clothes they pulled for me matched my personality, making me feel comfortable and inspired.”SMART WORKS CLIENT
We welcome the following donated items:
- Business suits
- Skirts and trousers
- Tops and blouses
- New tights and new bras
- Unloved party wear / gifts
- New, unopened cosmetics & make-up, skincare, body and hair products
- Shopping bags
We currently need further donations of:
- Size 16 + clothing
- Slim leg trousers
- Shoes (all sizes)
For all clothing donations please contact the Smart Works Edinburgh team
Organising a clothing drive for Smart Works Edinburgh
Suit drives happen when colleagues within a company get together to raise awareness of our work and organise a day or week when everyone can donate their unwanted clothes and accessories to Smart Works. Each item of donated clothing helps another woman succeed at her job interview.
Organise a suit drive in four easy steps:
- Agree a particular day or week to hold your suit drive
- Publicise the event via email and posters
- Designate a room or space in the office where people can drop off their clothes, and organise a hanging rail and some boxes to store the clothes
- After the suit drive, package up the donations and deliver them to Smart Works.
All clothes are passed directly to our clients so donations should be clean, in high-quality condition and ready to wear.