How to Make an Appointment
Any woman in the Thames Valley can be referred to Smart Works Reading on the condition she has a confirmed job interview for a paid position or a year-long apprenticeship.
Appointments to Smart Works Reading are made by referral only. We work with many referral agencies, including Jobcentre Plus, work programme providers and other charities supporting women back into work.
If you are an unemployed women who would like to come to Smart Works, then please speak to your employment adviser or call us direct and we will try to help find you a referral partner.
How to refer a client to Smart Works Reading
Booking only takes a couple of minutes, simply provide us with a few details about your client and we’ll take care of the rest.
Step by step appointment guide:
- Call Smart Works Reading on 0118 959 4245 email us whilst you are with the client and we do the rest.
- Smart Works Reading will ask you (the referrer) a few verification questions and information about your client and the role they are going for.
- If appropriate, we will then request to speak to the client to introduce ourselves and tell her about her appointment.
- We will email to confirm the appointment and include directions and what to expect from the appointment, and include you on the email
We usually require at least a day’s notice to book an appointment but we try to be as flexible as possible. Please do call us – we will always do what we can to take your booking.
Please download our Referral Guide for more information on how to become
a referral partner and send your female clients to Smart Works Reading.
What to expect from an appointment at Smart Works
- We will call each client the day before to confirm her appointment and ensure she has received her appointment card
- The appointment will last no longer than 2 hours
- The client will receive one complete outfit to wear to her interview (free of charge and hers to keep – including shoes and accessories if needed) and an interview guide booklet
- The clothes are a mix of new items and gently worn quality pieces
- One-to-one interview coaching is provided as part of the appointment
- Please ask your client to call us if she is unable to make it
Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm.
Client appointments take place from Tuesday to Friday between 10am and 2.30pm.
How to become a Smart Works Reading referral partner
To become a referral partner, you need to call us and then complete our referral agency agreement. We also encourage all our referral partners to come and visit us to look around our offices and see the Smart Works service for themselves.
“All of our customers have shared similar, enthusiastic and complimentary views following their meetings with Smart Works. We too at PeoplePlus have had a very enjoyable experience working together. The appointment with Smart Works was very last minute but they worked hard to accommodate our customer.”
Victoria Gibbard, Business Manager | PeoplePlus