We welcome donations of high quality interview-appropriate clothes in all sizes, particularly in size 16 and upwards. Also shoes, handbags and accessories are very welcome.
Every single item of clothing you donate will help another woman succeed at her job interview. Clothing donations need to be:
- Interview-appropriate (suits, shirts, tailored dresses or smart separates)
- In good condition (no missing buttons or broken zips please)
- Clean and ready to wear
“Good clothes empower women – when you feel smart you smile wider, walk taller and emit a confidence knowing the ‘how i feel’ box is firmly ticked and you are ready to face the world. We at My Boudoir delight in helping women feel that inner confidence and donating appropriate clothing to the wonderful Smart Works, who in turn prepare their lovely ladies for the back-to-work interview process, firmly ticks our ‘feel good’ box!”My Boudoir
Hold a Donation Drive:
Donation Drives are great fun, and we’ve already helped dozens of companies in the Thames Valley to arrange their own. A Donation Drive is when a group of people within a company get together and organise a day (or week) when everyone can donate their unwanted work clothes and accessories to Smart Works.
If you work for a large organisation, you may also be able to secure match funding for the donation drive. For example, if the donation drive has an estimated monetary value of £1000, your company may be able to provide match funding for this donation. This is invaluable in helping to ensure that Smart Works can continue to help women into the future.
If your office is short on space – how about arranging a drive that just focuses on accessories? We’ve had great success with companies running drives for handbags, belts and new make-up and perfume.
Organise your Donation Drive in four easy steps:
- Agree a date or week to hold your Donation Drive
- Publicise the event via email and posters, Smart Works will send you a Donation Drive promotion pack
- Designate a room or space in the office where people can drop off their clothes, and organise a hanging rail and some boxes to store the clothes
- After the Donation Drive, package up the donations and deliver them to Smart Works Reading
Feel good that you’ve helped other women feel good about themselves
Smart Works Reading
94 London Street
For more information on how to organise a donation drive, and the kind of clothes and accessories we need, please call us on 0118 9594245 or email us.