Make an Appointment
The service at Smart Works Greater Manchester is open to any women in the Greater Manchester area who has a confirmed job interview for a paid position or a year-long apprenticeship.
Appointments to Smart Works Greater Manchester are made by referral only. We work with many referral agencies, including Jobcentre Plus, work programme providers and charities. They refer women to us who need help with interview clothes and confidence-building in the run up to their interview.
“I am bowled over by the amazing service you provide women. I shall be shouting out loud and proud about what you have offered me today. It makes a huge difference to your self-esteem to look good and be well prepared.”
Please download our Referral Guide for more information on how to become a referral partner and send your female clients to Smart Works Greater Manchester.
How to make a referral
To refer a client and make an appointment, please call our office on 0161 974 0669 whilst you are with the client. We will ask you (the referrer) a few verification questions and information about the role. We will then request to speak to the client to introduce ourselves and book a convenient appointment slot.
Booking only takes a couple of minutes, simply provide us with a few details about your client and we’ll take care of the rest.
What to expect from an appointment at Smart Works
- We will call each client the day before to confirm her appointment & ensure she has received her appointment card
- The appointment will last no longer than 2 hours
- The client will receive one complete outfit to wear to her interview (free of charge and hers to keep – including shoes and accessories if needed) and an interview guide booklet
- The clothes are a mix of new items and gently worn quality pieces
- One-to-one interview coaching is provided as part of the appointment
- Please ask your client to call us if she is unable to make it
We usually require at least a day’s notice to book an appointment but we can try to be as flexible as we can. Please do call us – we will always do what we can to take your booking.
How to become a Smart Works Greater Manchester referral partner
- Please complete a Smart Works Referral Agency Agreement or call 0161 974 0669
- Email us the completed form
We also encourage all our referral partners to come and visit us to look around our offices and see the Smart Works service for themselves.