We always welcome donations of high quality, ready to wear, interview-appropriate clothes which are in good condition.
“The clothes they pulled for me matched my personality, making me feel comfortable and inspired.”
We welcome the following donated items:
- Business suits
- Skirts and trousers
- Tops and blouses
- New tights and new bras
- Unloved party wear / gifts
- New, unopened cosmetics & make-up, skincare, body and hair products
- Shopping bags
We currently need further donations of:
- Size 16 + clothing
- Slim leg trousers
- Shoes (all sizes)
For all clothing donations please contact the Smart Works Edinburgh team
Organising a clothing drive for Smart Works Edinburgh
Suit drives happen when colleagues within a company get together to raise awareness of our work and organise a day or week when everyone can donate their unwanted clothes and accessories to Smart Works. Each item of donated clothing helps another woman succeed at her job interview.
Organise a suit drive in four easy steps:
- Agree a particular day or week to hold your suit drive
- Publicise the event via email and posters
- Designate a room or space in the office where people can drop off their clothes, and organise a hanging rail and some boxes to store the clothes
- After the suit drive, package up the donations and deliver them to Smart Works.
All clothes are passed directly to our clients so donations should be clean, in good condition and ready to wear. For more information on how to organise a clothing drive please find more information here or contact the Smart Works Edinburgh team.